Largest game gathering in ASEAN to be hosted in Da Nang City, Vietnam
If you’ve ever been to Gen Con, PAX or even Spiel, you’ll know these are the world largest board gaming conventions. As for ASEAN, we’re still developing, mark this our first noble attempt in coordinating Southeast Asia’s first big gathering. Of course, we can’t forget our most important guest, and that’s you, yes… YOU!
2018 Oh My Geek! Gaming Convention
This is a calling to all gaming enthusiasts, both local and expats. If you are a tabletop lover and spend your working time on BoardGameGeek.com arguing on a thread over gaming rules, you’re definitely in the right spot.
Convention location: Da Nang City, VIETNAM
Date and time: May 19th & 20th; from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Sat), 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. (Sun)
Admission cost before May 10th: General – VND 500k; Student – VND 400k; Volunteer – VND 300k
Late registration: General – VND 900k; Student – VND 800k
* No admission on event site without prior registration
- Exhibition Area – For those interested on learning the latest games and want to network with designers or publishers, watch out, you might be in for a surprise
- Game Arena – The core of the convention lies in the games you play and the friends you meet. Be sure to submit your game lead qualifications on the registration if you are interested on leading.
- Game Testing – Got a game you’ve been developing? Wanna try a game not yet on the market? Game testing is the best way to demo your games and have others play and give valuable feedback
- Game Trading – An ecosystem of trading in your played games for a new used game enjoyed by other attendees, probably the best way to go home, SCORE!
- Panels – Meet exclusive industry experts and engage in dynamic conversations from gaming mechanics to getting your own games published
- Tournaments – No convention is quite complete without a tournament. Tournament schedules will be released a week before the event, signups are at the event on first come serve basis
What to Expect
Oh My Geek! (OMG!) is a gaming convention dedicated to gaming enthusiasts from all over the country. Us collaborators, host, and volunteers have decided on this event with no intention to profit, rather, our goal is to share our love of games to the community.
Your ticket will include all event features mentioned above in addition to a lot of cool freebies our sponsors will also pitch in. We’ll coordinate on food, drinks and loads of snacks to munch on during the event. Lastly, we strongly recommended you bringing a few of your favorite games as it’s part of the sharing culture at OMG!
Because the convention falls on a weekend, be sure to book hotel accommodations in advance, we’ve compiled a few suggestions for your convenience.
To attend the event, please register here: https://goo.gl/v7Qx7B
Note the following important dates:
- May 7th – Registration for volunteer closes (23:59)
- May 10th – Early registration closes (23:59)
- May 15th – All registration closes (23:59)
* Venue space is limited so please register early
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When is payment due for registration?
Your reservation is not complete until full payment is made. Once payment is cleared, we will email you full details of the event.
- May I pay at or on the day of the event?
Because the event may be full, we need the payment to reserve your attendance. We want to be fair to all attendees.
- What does the payment include?
Admission covers expenses on the venue space and other costs for coordinating the event. You will only need to book a room and pay for your transportation, we take care of the rest.
- If I only attend 1 day, can the price be reduced?
Due to the cost of coordinating the event, we must charge for both days regardless if you attend.
- Are there any other ways to pay besides wire transfer?
Depending on where you live, wiring money might not be easy. For your convenience, we also offer payment options through credit cards or PayPal. If you are in the area, you may also pay via cash at our office in Binh Thanh.